Thursday 15 March 2012

RHUBARB RHUBARB





Rhubarb is not to everyone’s taste, and in fact only a couple of us like it here, but I seem to have planted about half an acre regardless.  Luckily I love rhubarb - the colour of the stems, the wonderful leaves (there’s an ornamental rhubarb - Rheum palmatum, which looks great in a damp border) and the taste.  You can use a Rhubarb forcer early in the season (or an upturned old flowerpot) to make the stems longer and less stringy - by depriving them of light.

There’s meant to be a photo and a link to my Rhubarb and ginger crumble cake here, but something went wrong and the crumble part sank to the bottom of the cake when I made it.  It tasted fine, but I can’t unleash the recipe until it behaves itself better or is more photogenic, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.