Tuesday 2 August 2011

LABRADORABLES




Meg has had 6 gorgeous little puppies - all chocolate - 1 boy and 5 little girls (actually some of them not so little).  Mother and pups are all doing very well.  They are a huge distraction from gardening tasks, but I sense that I’m superfluous to the whole business;  while we stand about and gaze at them, Meg gets on with all the housework.

I must make the most of the calm before the puppy rampage starts though - I've been clearing space in the veg garden, ready to sow some autumn and winter crops.  I’m trying not to disturb the Bullfinch in the Bay tree, but it’s in the middle of the path, so I’ve been climbing through the beds, which is fine - until they’re planted up.  It’s a good excuse not to have to go in there too much, although there’s suddenly lots to do before the season changes and autumn starts creeping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.